in 1911 as a one-story structure, this building housed the first school in Pharr.
John Bales, the contractor, built a number of the town's early structures. Classes
were held here until 1915, when enrollment had grown from nine students to almost
80. During that time, the building also served as a community church. In 1915
Pharr and San Juan joined to construct a two-story school on the east edge of
Pharr. This structure was used for many years as a residence. It was remodeled
as a convalescent center in 1949.
its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas, asks that anyone
wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic photos,
|Book Hotel Here