old Cele Store|
courtesy Bryan D Reynolds, September 2007
on a Pinhead According
to legend, the community was named after a storekeeperís daughter (Lucille Custer).
The community appeared in the 1890s and its post office was granted in 1896.
communityís mail was briefly rerouted through nearby New
Sweden after a brief closure of the post office in 1899 but after 1902, Manor
took over delivery and the Cele office closed for good.
figures arenít available, but the hamlet reported 25 residents from the 30s through
courtesy Bryan D Reynolds, September 2007|
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing
Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos of their town, please contact
|Save on Hotels