jail today. It sits behind the Uptown Blanco Restaurant on Main Street, across
from the old
courthouse." - Terry
Jeanson July, 2011|
in 1877, the old Blanco County Jail still stands behind commercial buildings on
the west side of the square. The 18x14 limestone structure features two small
barred windows and an iron ring to chain unruly prisoners.
From text of card below photo of jail in the old
below the photo. According to the book "Wanted: Historic County Jails of Texas"
by Edward A. Blackburn Jr., the cells from this jail were removed and taken to
Johnson City when the county seat was relocated there." - Terry
|Save on Hotels