in a Pecan Shell
The town was named for Robert Driscoll - the same man who loaned his
name to Driscoll, Texas.
The town was founded in 1906 and the location was the juncture of
two railroads - the Texas and Mexican and the Brownsville and Mexican
1912: Robstown incorporated
1920: Population was just under 1,000 persons, but by 1930 it was
more than four times that figure.
The town's first industry was vegetable farming until oil was discovered
The economy is still controlled by agricultural and oil interests.
Robstown has experienced growth over the years, but its proximity
Christi has had an effect on the population.
Mural Mural on the Wall:
|Cotton Gin -
Post Office mural detail
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas,
asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos, please contact