a Pecan Shell
Named for early settler Vincent Vinson, who arrived here around
1892, the community was platted in 1908. The following year a Baptist
Missionary church was constructed.
was basically agricultural with grains being the principal crop.
The population was a mere 20 persons in the early 1920s which grew
to 75 by the mid 1930s.
Somewhere along the line Vincent had acquired a post office but
no date was found. After WWII
the population stood firm at 75 until the mid-1950s. By the mid
1960s it has increased to 540.
It is assumed that oilfield development is the factor. The population
remained at 500 through the 2000 Census.
"Sadly SH 350 just barely misses Vincent which is on FM 846
at FM 1205." Barclay
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas,
asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos, please contact