in a Pecan Shell
1. Located in the southern part of Fayette County between Holman
on the north and Weimar
on the south.
2. A farming community that never had any businesses.
3. Cotton was the predominant
crop until the 1950s; now ranching
4. Sedan Public School was operating circa 1890 to 1947 when the
school consolidated with Weimar.
5. During the cotton era, farmers
hauled their cotton to the gins in Weimar
they purchased their goods in Weimar.
6. Most of the residents attended churches in Weimar
with a few going to Dubina.
7. Some of family names of the settlers in Sedan were: Adamcik,
Anders, Banse, Buxkemper, Cernoch, Dietrich, Freis, Grohmann, Hegar,
Herzik, Hollas, Kainer, Kloesel, Labeda, Lidiak, Miska, Pavlik,
Rerich and Vornsand.