a Pecan Shell
P.S. Devine platted the town around 1920 and named it for his wife
Fay. Thirteen years later, Faysville had a store that served ten people.
That was it. After WWII,
Faysville still had a single business but the population had swelled
to twenty-five. Despite the crowded landscape, people continued to
pour into Faysville and by the early 1960s, there were fifty residents
attending two churches.
By the mid 1980s, Faysville had reached an estimated population of
three hundred and a nearby colonia reported three times that number.
The population of Faysville proper reached 348 for the 2000 census.
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas,
asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos, please contact