| On Cibolo Creek,
near Selma, No Directions Available – not on maps|
History in a Pecan Shell
of Texas allows that the town was “probably” settled around 1900. It was first
named Landa, but the name was changed to honor Charles Lux, the town’s
first postmaster. The post office opened in 1915 but closed its doors soon after.
That year the population was reported as 35 residents. As hard as it is to believe
– the town declined from that number – although it managed to hold on through
the Great Depression. The population was given as 30 for both the 1930 and 1940
censuses but after WWII
the town was bullied into oblivion by the rapidly growing towns of Universal
City and Selma.
Bexar County map showing Luxella|
(Above "A" in "BEXAR"
near Comal and Guadalupe County lines)
Courtesy Texas General Land Office
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing
Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos of their town, please contact